|Your rating: you are not logged in|
|Date Added||March 16, 2015, 15:09 GMT|
|License||Free to try (Shareware); $49.95 to buy|
|Last Week / All Time Downloads||0 / 313|
|Filename / Size||
tslpro.exe / 1.6MB
|OS Support||Windows All|
Secure your workstation or server with Password Protection while viewing programs that are running
Transparent Screen Lock enables IT professionals to prevent unauthorized system access, while maintaining the ability to view applications running on the desktop for monitoring purposes.
Transparent Screen Lock delivers system security measures that are essential in today's open-concept corporate offices with free movement of employees and visitors, as well as in high security environments such as financial institutions and banks, hospitals and pharmaceutical research facilities, government offices and military installations.
With its ability to limit system access to authorized individuals in both stand-alone and multiple-user shared computer environments, Transparent Screen Lock is ideal for facilities which must ensure compliance to the 21 CFR Part 11 code of federal regulations.
Password Protection. Any attempts to access your workstation or server while TSL is running (by typing a key or moving the mouse) require a valid username and password to be entered. If no password is entered, the password dialog box will disappear after 5 seconds. Options include:
- USE SYSTEM LOGON PASSWORD: The software will expect the user to type in their logon password - the same password that is used to log on to their account. NOTE: This is the default option.
- CONFIGURE WITH NEW PASSWORD: You may also choose to enter a different password manually via the configuration program.
- Added support for alternate characters on international keyboards in the password.
Grant access to other users. Ideal for multiple-user shared computer environments. Enables an adminstrator, a specified group of users, and/or other authenticated users to access the system without closing the current session. Options include:
- accept current user's password only,
- accept users with Administrative Privileges,
- accept any valid username/password combination in the facility,
- accept members of a specified "User Group" (local or global).
- New "unlock dialog" configuration tab provides additional control over how the password dialog box is displayed, including options to automatically populate the username field, restrict access to users of one domain only, and configure a timeout value.
Simplified program configuration in a multiple-user shared computer environment.
- An Administrator can install the program once, and the program and associated icons will automatically be available on the desktop of all users sharing the computer.
- Make program settings on a per-user basis or on a system/machine basis. This time-savings feature enables an administrator to makde configuration changes once, and have them applied to all users of that system.
TSL Screensaver Module. Allows you to select Transparent Screen Lock from the "Screensaver" Tab of the "Display Properites" applet. Active Directory users can enforce the use of TSL by selecting Transparent Screen Lock.scr as the current screensaver using Group Policy.
Remote Administration. Setup program includes an Administrative Template (tsl.adm) that can be read by your GPO Editor to manage all of TSL's settings remotely.
Terminal Server Support. Allow users to view a remote desktop but disallow any interaction with the remote system.
Control usage of CRTL-ALT-DEL. Choose to disable any or all of the CRTL-ALT-DEL menu options to prevent tampering with the system.
Completely block the CRTL-ALT-DEL key sequence. In selecting this option, no menu will be displayed if the user hits CRTL-ALT-DEL.
Option to remove Process from the Windows Task Manager. Prevent users from disabling the program.
Option to shutdown system or Logoff current user after a specified number of invalid logon attempts. Provides attitional system security.
Administratove Control. Choose to allow only a user with full Administrative Privileges to access the configuration program.
Log File. Create a log file to document activity and logon attempts.
- Document the time and date of when TSL was active/inactive.
- Provide a list of invalid login attempts, with details of the attempted passwords.
- The log file may be saved either locally, at a remote network location, or
- For maximum security, save the log file to the Windows Application Event Log.
Run the Transparent Screen Lock program at any time, or configure with a time-out interval.
- Run TSL automatically at a preset time interval like a screensaver
- Or, run TSL immediately by clicking on the quick-launch icon in the Windows Tool Tray:
Quick Launch Option.
Blank Screen Option. Choose to display a blank screen when the system is locked, rather than viewing programs running on the desktop. (Ideal for preventing unauthorized system access, in a stand-alone or multi-user environment with all the features listed here, while preventing the display of confidential information.)
Dim Screen Option. Control the amount of opacity of the display when the system is locked. Enter an integer between 0 (completely transparent) and 100 (black display). NOTE: This option is available for Windows 2000/XP/2003, and not for NT.
Plasma Screen Saver Option. A black bar of variable width floats across the screen preventing Plasma Screen Burn-In. This option allows TSL to be used as a Plasma Screensaver.
Clear Desktop Option. Remove icons and task bar from desktop display when locked.
Multi-Monitor Support. Run the program in a dual or multi-monitor environment.
User-friendly setup program. Includes various user-friendly features, including embedded context-sensitive help file, tip of the day upon startup, and keyboard shortcuts for mouseless operation.
|Transparent Screen Lock PRO 5.52||March 16, 2015 - Latest Version|
|Transparent Screen Lock PRO 4.50||January 05, 2007|
Transparent Screen Lock PRO User Reviews
Please log in to write a review