|Your rating: you are not logged in|
Notifies of new e-mail on multiple mailboxes: POP3,Gmail,Hotmail,Yahoo! Mail
Yahoo Mail Notifier notifies of new e-mail arriving at e-mail account. This version supports Firefox from 0.9 all the way up to the 3.1 alphas. It also supports Flock, Mozilla Suite, Netscape (8 and 9) and SeaMonkey (1.x and 2.0a1).
1. New Mail is not the same as Unread Mail. You can have unread mail and the new mail count will still be 0.
2. The New Mail count is reset when visiting the mail.yahoo.com page, clicking "Check Mail" and if using the non-classic version of Yahoo Mail ,every 10 minutes while on the mail web page.
3. The extension new mail count can be off if you receive new mail while reading mail at Yahoo Mail's web page. To fix this just click the "Check Mail" button on the page.
4. On some accounts, Yahoo! never updates the new mail count on http://us.yahoo.com when new mail arrives (you never see new mail notifications). I can't fix this. If you don't see a new mail indication on http://us.yahoo.com or http://my.yahoo.com, you'll need to contact Yahoo! and tell them your new mail count isn't updating correctly so they can fix it.
5. Only the username marked as default will be checked for new mail. The extension can only check for mail if the user remains logged in. Logging out or switching users on a Yahoo page while the extension is actively checking will cause the extension to log back in to the default users's account the next time it checks for email. If you don't want this to occur, use the extension's "log out" command instead of logging out on the Yahoo page. This will be fixed when multi-user checking is added.
6. Choosing a sound file to play on new mail has been reported to not work on Macs in Firefox 3.0. I don't have a Mac so I can't test this, but from researching the problem it appears the code to play the default sound was removed. There is a bug opened against Firefox for this.
7. If the "Clear Private Data" setting is set to clear "Saved Passwords" and you clear the private data in Firefox, either by clicking the "Always clear my private data when I close Firefox" checkbox or by manually clearing it, then any Yahoo passwords saved by this extension will also be cleared and will need to be entered again. If you want YMNotifier to remember passwords, uncheck the option to clear saved passwords in the Private Data settings in the Privacy Tab Firefox options.
|Date Added||January 23, 2013, 08:44 GMT|
|Last Week / All Time Downloads||6 / 31,706|
|Filename / Size||
ym_notifier_1.0.2.xpi / 0.2MB
|OS Support||Windows All|
|Yahoo Mail Notifier 1.0.2||January 23, 2013 - Latest Version|
|Yahoo Mail Notifier 126.96.36.199||December 22, 2009|
|Yahoo Mail Notifier 3.0.001.02||January 31, 2007|
Yahoo Mail Notifier User Reviews
Please log in to write a review