|Your rating: you are not logged in|
Formerly Bitvise Tunnelier
Free SSH file transfer, terminal and tunneling
* one of the most advanced graphical SFTP clients;
* state-of-the-art terminal emulation with support for the bvterm, xterm, and vt100 protocols;
* support for corporation-wide single sign-on using SSPI (GSSAPI) Kerberos 5 and NTLM user authentication, as well as Kerberos 5 host authentication;
* support for RSA and DSA public key authentication with comprehensive user keypair management;
* powerful SSH port forwarding capabilities, including dynamic forwarding through integrated SOCKS and HTTP CONNECT proxy;
* powerful command-line parameters which make the SSH client highly customizable and suitable for use in specific situations and controlled environments;
* an advanced, scriptable command-line SFTP client (sftpc);
* a scriptable command-line remote execution client (sexec) and a command-line terminal emulation client (stermc);
* an FTP-to-SFTP bridge allowing you to connect to an SFTP server using legacy FTP applications;
* Bitvise SSH Server remote administration features;
* single-click Remote Desktop forwarding.
Supported platforms include all desktop and server versions of Windows, starting from Windows 2000, to the most recent, including Windows 8 and 2012. Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows are supported.
Graphical SFTP File Transfers
Bitvise SSH Client incorporates what we believe is one of the most advanced SFTP file transfer clients, with support for the following:
* automatic resuming, text file awareness, recursive subdirectory transfers;
* powerful, advanced transfer list management;
* high speed - in the tens of MB/s when connected to Bitvise SSH Server, network bandwidth and disk resources permitting;
* fast responsiveness to user input even when in the middle of multiple file transfers.
Bitvise SSH Client also incorporates an advanced, scriptable command-line SFTP client.
Terminal Access - Remote Console
Bitvise SSH Client provides integrated access to the SSH server\'s console, either via VT-100 and xterm protocols supported by most SSH servers on any platform, or via the enhanced bvterm protocol supported by Bitvise SSH Server:
* all terminal emulation is done in a regular Windows console, using standard Windows fonts, supporting standard settings for Windows consoles;
* UTF support with VT-100 and xterm, Unicode support with bvterm (full Unicode support on NT-series Windows platforms);
* full color support with xterm and bvterm;
* support for large screen buffers, all key combinations including Alt-keys and accurate console rendering with bvterm (fully accurate on NT-series Windows platforms).
Bitvise SSH Client also incorporates a command line terminal emulation client, stermc, as well as a command-line remote execution client (sexec).
When using Bitvise SSH Client to connect to a GSSAPI-enabled SSH server in the same or a trusted Windows domain, you can let Kerberos 5 (or on older platforms, NTLM) perform the server as well as user authentication for you. No manual host key verification; no management of user passwords and public keys. Just tell the SSH client which server in the domain to connect to, and if that server is Bitvise SSH Server (WinSSHD) or another server with compatible support for GSSAPI, the two programs will authenticate and establish a secure connection automatically.
Bitvise SSH Client is a powerful SSH2 port forwarding client with many features, including:
* Dynamic tunneling via integrated proxy supporting SOCKS4, SOCKS4A, SOCKS5 and HTTP CONNECT proxy tunneling protocols. Configure your applications to connect to target hosts through the SSH Client\'s proxy, and no manual tunneling rules need be configured.
* Port forwarding settings can be saved to and loaded from a profile. One can maintain multiple complex tunneling configurations without having to manually enter parameters before each session.
* Bitvise SSH Client minimizes its presence by displaying only a system tray icon when running in the background. If an error is encountered while the program is minimized, the icon reflects that.
* Server-side forwarding: with Bitvise SSH Server and Client, a server and multiple clients can be set up so that all port forwarding rules are configured centrally at the server, without requiring any client-side setting updates. The SSH clients only need to be configured once, and port forwarding rules can easily be changed when necessary.
* Command-line parameters are supported. Using command-line automation, a port forwarding session can be started from a link in the Startup menu without requiring any user interaction whatsoever. Help with the command-line parameters can be found in the SSH client log area when it is first started, or by executing \'BvSsh /?\' from a command prompt.
* After an SSH session is established, any external application can be launched automatically.
* If an SSH session is interrupted, Bitvise SSH Client can automatically reconnect to the server.
Run \'BvSsh -?\' for a list of command-line parameters providing flexibility to:
* make Bitvise SSH Client load a profile and connect immediately on startup and exit on disconnect using the -profile, -loginOnStartup and -exitOnLogout parameters;
* make Bitvise SSH Client hide portions of its user interface (main window, authentication messages, access to SSH features) using the -hide and -menu parameters;
* run Bitvise SSH Client from removable media and prevent it from making any changes to the Windows registry - and yet use public key authentication and verify host keys using the -noRegistry, -keypairFile and -hostKeyFile parameters;
Our users have made use of Bitvise SSH Client\'s customizability to create portable distributions that can run from a USB key, in the U3 and PortableApps formats.
Command-Line SFTP Client
Bitvise SSH Client incorporates sftpc, an advanced command-line SFTP client which supports:
* queued background transfers so you can continue browsing directories while a file downloads (\'get * -bg\');
* powerful command-line parameters for automated scripted transfers launched from a batch file or an external program;
* automatic text file conversion when transferring files between platforms (the \'type\' command);
* wildcards - the * and ? wildcard characters can match more than one file;
* recursive transfers - a simple \'get * -s\' downloads all files and subdirectories;
* resume support - \'get file.txt -r\' resumes a previously downloaded file if it already exists;
* high speed - in the tens of MB/s when connected to Bitvise SSH Server, network bandwidth and disk resources permitting.
Command-Line Remote Execution Client
Bitvise SSH Client incorporates sexec, a scriptable command-line remote execution client which can be used to securely execute programs on remote machines from a batch file. The batch file can perform actions based on the exit code reported from the remote program, and can capture the remote program\'s output for processing by simple redirection of sexec output.
Another command-line program included with Bitvise SSH Client, stermc, conveniently opens an SSH terminal emulation session with xterm, VT-100 and bvterm support in the same Command Prompt window it is started from. If you SSH from computer A to computer B running Bitvise SSH Server, and you also have Bitvise SSH Client installed on computer B, you can use stermc to conveniently establish an onward SSH terminal session to computer C.
All Bitvise command-line clients support all authentication methods supported by Bitvise SSH Client, can load settings from a profile configured in the graphical client, work with the same user keypair and host key database as the graphical client, can connect through a SOCKS or HTTP CONNECT proxy, and support a common set of command-line parameters controlling most aspects of establishing an SSH connection.
Bitvise SSH Client incorporates an FTP-to-SFTP bridge which performs translation between the FTP and SFTP protocols, allowing any FTP client application to connect securely to an SFTP server through Bitvise SSH Client. Both active mode and passive mode FTP data connections are supported, as well as restarted transfers, directory listings and other features. All FTP clients should be able to list directories and transfer files across Bitvise SSH Client's FTP-to-SFTP bridge, including integrated clients in applications such as DreamWeaver, GUI clients such as BulletProof FTP, and command line clients such as the default ftp.exe client accompanying Windows.
|Date Added||February 09, 2015, 08:36 GMT|
|Last Week / All Time Downloads||6 / 2,042|
|Filename / Size||
BvSshClient-Inst.exe / 10.8MB
|OS Support||Windows All|
|Bitvise SSH Client 6.23||February 09, 2015 - Latest Version|
|Bitvise SSH Client 6.22||February 07, 2015|
|Bitvise SSH Client 6.21||January 29, 2015|
|Bitvise SSH Client 6.08||September 09, 2014|
|Bitvise SSH Client 6.05||August 19, 2014|
|Bitvise SSH Client 6.02||July 02, 2014|
|Bitvise SSH Client 4.63||March 12, 2014|
|Bitvise SSH Client 4.62||February 17, 2014|
|Bitvise SSH Client 4.61||November 06, 2013|
|Bitvise SSH Client 4.51||January 11, 2013|
|Bitvise SSH Client 4.40||January 17, 2011|
|Bitvise SSH Client 4.39||December 15, 2010|
|Bitvise SSH Client 4.36||August 09, 2010|
|Bitvise SSH Client 4.33||April 23, 2010|
|Bitvise SSH Client 4.29||June 22, 2009|
|Bitvise SSH Client 4.28||June 02, 2009|
|Bitvise SSH Client 4.26||March 03, 2008|
Bitvise SSH Client User Reviews
Please log in to write a review