|Your rating: you are not logged in|
|Date Added||April 26, 2010, 14:17 GMT|
|Last Week / All Time Downloads||15 / 61,205|
|Filename / Size||
TVUPlayer220.127.116.11.exe / 5.4MB
|OS Support||Win 7/Vista/2000/2003/XP|
TVUPlayer enables you to view a variety of free TV stations that are broadcasted over the Internet (no TV card needed)
TVUPlayer has two modes:
Channel View, which shows you the TVU channel guide
Full View, which lets you watch a particular channel
The Player always starts up in the Channel View.
The Channel View
The Channel View shows a list of all the channels showing on TVU, and also lets you pick one to watch in a small window.
At the top of the Channel View, you can see a list of channel groups. Today, there are two channel groups:
All Channels, which has the list of all the channels available on TVU
Favorites, which has a list of only the channels you've designated as your favorites.
When you first start up the Player, the Favorites group will be empty. To select a channel group, left-click on the group name.
On the left side of the Channel View, you can see the list of channels in the current channel group. Each channel has a name and a TVU channel number. You can move the list up and down by mousing over (which means putting the mouse pointer on something - you don't need to click) the up and down arrows above and below the list of channels. You can also move the channel list up and down by left-clicking and dragging on the scroll bar at the right of the channel list.
You can learn more about a channel by mousing over its name -the blue box on the right will display additional information, if there is any. To start watching a channel, left-click on the channel name. It will take a little time, maybe 10 seconds depending on the speed of your Internet connection, for the channel to come up. The status window below the video screen will keep you informed: it first says "connecting", and then shows you the download speed for this channel.
The Full View
The Full View mode simply lets you watch one TVU channel in the whole window. To get to the Full View mode, select a channel and then press the Full View button.
When you start up the Full View mode, you will see the Audio/Video Controls in the lower-right corner of the Full View screen. These controls work just as described above, except that the Full View button is replaced with a Channel View button that lets you go back to the Channel View mode.
After a short while, the Audio/Video Controls, and the Windows controls at the top right of the window, will disappear. When you want to see these controls again, all you have to do is move the mouse pointer within the TV window - the controls will come right back.
The Full View can be resized, minimized, maximized, or closed using the standard Windows controls at the top right and bottom right of the window (these are visible when the Audio/Video Controls are visible). The Full View can't be made smaller than 400x300. To move the Full View around on your PC desktop, bring up the Audio/Video controls (by moving the mouse within the TV window), and then left-click anywhere on the gray border of these controls and drag the screen to where you want it to be.
Store your Favorite channels
1) Click a channel you want to watch first, and then click on "Add to Favorites" button above the TV screen on the right-hand side of the application to add that channel to your Favorite channel list.
2) Click on the top left side "Favorites" button to view all the favorite channels you added.
Manage the Controls
The control buttons of the application is located right below the TV screen.
Mute/Un-mute: turn off/on the sound
Volume: increase/decrease the sound volume by sliding the volume control bar to right/left
Refresh: refresh the selected channel
Quality/Signal: indicate the signal status and quality of the playing channel
Full View: switch to the Full screen view mode which lets you watch a particular channel
Channel View: switch back to normal view mode which shows you the TVU channel guide
Resize: click and drag the bottom right corner to enlarge/reduce the size of the application.
Status box (located at the bottom right part blow the controls on the right hand side): displays the channel status including channel connect status, download status
Minimize/Maximize: click the minimize/maximize button on the top right corner to minimize the application in the taskbar at the bottom of your computer screen, or maximize the application to full computer screen
Close: Minimize the application in the taskbar at the bottom of your computer screen
Stop: right click on the spinning TVUPlayer icon next to system clock in your computer's status bar, and select "stop playing" to stop playing channel
Exit: shut down the application
1) Bad audio/video quality at certain channel
TVU Networks leverages P2P technology to allow anyone effectively broadcast to a global audience. Bad audio/video quality can be caused by the following:
1. The source of the content is in low quality
2. You have limited bandwidth, and TVUPlayer is not able to download the needed data
3. There is an in-balance in the total upload/download for this channel
2) TV screen is almost green, and cannot see the picture.
Press refresh button often resolve this issue
3) Buffer up to 100% with no picture and sound
The issue is most often caused by problem with the broadcaster.
4) Nothing happens, when I select a channel
Possible causes are:
1. Network connection is down.
2. Firewall or antivirus software blocks the network access for TVU Networks. You need to grant TVU Networks the permission for network access.
5) TVUPlayer's buffering level keeps being low (less than 50%) and the picture does not start
Likely the cause is due to network congestion. Make sure you have over 500kbps bandwidth.
6) Some funny characters appear in the channel list
The software supports multiple languages. If you do not have Unicode Character set installed, non-western character will not be displayed properly.
7) The application does not run on Linux or Mac
Currently TVUPlayer is for Windows only, not available for Linux or Mac. Please email to info@TVUNetworks.com, we will inform you when it is available
1) Broadband Internet service (cable or DSL)
2) Windows 2000, XP or Vista
3) Windows Media Player (version 9+)
4) Microsoft IE (version 6+)
Windows Media Player 11 is recommended. Get Windows Media Player
1) Download the zip file to someplace convenient - the Desktop is a good choice.
2) Find the TVUPlayer folder and open it. Open the folder whose name starts with "TVUPlayer".
3) Double-click on the file whose name starts with "Setup.exe". This will start the TVUPlayer Install program.
4) In the Install program, choose the default buttons for the easiest install.
|TVUPlayer 18.104.22.168||April 26, 2010 - Latest Version|
|TVUPlayer 2.5.3 Build 2025 Beta 1 / 2.5.0 Build 1851||April 26, 2010|
|TVUPlayer 2.5.2 Build 1944 Beta 1 / 2.5.0 Build 1851||February 11, 2010|
|TVUPlayer 22.214.171.124||September 14, 2009|
|TVUPlayer 126.96.36.199||May 08, 2009|
|TVUPlayer 188.8.131.52||March 27, 2009|
|TVUPlayer 184.108.40.206||November 07, 2008|
|TVUPlayer 220.127.116.11||October 13, 2008|
|TVUPlayer 18.104.22.168||July 21, 2008|
|TVUPlayer 2.3.6.Beta1||April 08, 2008|
TVUPlayer User Reviews
Please log in to write a review